onsdag 17 maj 2017

The-Tao-Te-Ching-by-Lao-Tzu - 20 On the Solitary Nature

Be done with rote learning
 And its attendant vexations;
For is there distinction Of a "yes" from a "yea"
Comparable now to the gulf
Between evil and good?
"What all men fear, I too must fear"
- How barren and pointless a thought!
The reveling of multitudes
At the feast of Great Sacrifice,
Or up on the terrace At carnival in spring,
 Leave me, alas, unmoved, alone,
Like a child that has never smiled.
Lazily, I drift As though I had no home.
 All others have enough to spare;
I am the one left out.
I have the mind of a fool,
Muddled and confused!
When common people scintillate
I alone make shadows.
Vulgar folks are sharp and knowing:
Only I am melancholy.
Restless like the ocean,
Blown about, I cannot stop.
Other men can find employment,
But I am stubborn; I am mean.
Alone I am and different,
Because I prize and seek
My sustenance from the Mother!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar